Alstrom Point Tours, in partnership with Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours, is operating this tour under a Conditional Use Permit (CUA) to provide access to this breathtaking viewpoint in Glen Canyon National Recreation area.
What to Expect:
- Custom departure times available upon request.
- The best times to photograph Alstrom Point are at sunrise and sunset. The early morning and late evening hours generally give you the best color on the rocks. The vista from Alstrom Point faces east so you are looking at the sun as it rises and it will be at your back as it sets. The tour is approximately 4-5 hours long. It takes 1.5 hours to get from our departure location in Page to Alstrom Point and we generally stay on the point for one hour.
- There are multiple places on the Point, within a quarter mile of our parking location to set up for taking pictures.
- We usually make one or two stops along the route for photography opportunities if the group would like to do so, which is often the case. The landscape is amazing and very unique and offers several photograph worthy features.
- Our trip is done in a comfortable 12 passenger Mercedes Sprinter Van.
- The road can be pretty bumpy, especially the last 3 miles which is mostly off road.
- Reception is scarce for most of the trip. This means that GPS systems that require internet to download the maps will not work. Our experts are equipped with traditional maps and also are very versed in the landscape.
Check current departure times for capturing sunset.
Contact us at (435)275-4594 to discuss a custom departure time that works best for you.
Adults: $195 (Age 12+)
Children: $150 (Age 6-11)
Private Group: $1,000/van
*Prices include all sales tax and GCNRA fees.
**Online booking fee of 6% will be added at checkout.
***Infants & children under age 6 are not permitted.
4-5 hours from departure at 821 US 89 in Page, AZ.